Wednesday, March 5, 2008

New Beginnings: Part II

So I'm writing this from my new dorm room in Toronto. So far, things are looking good and God is giving me the grace to make it through the day somewhat intact. I do feel a bit anxious about being in a new place, but all in all, God continues to sustain me.

Earlier this evening, we had a fantastic time of worship and introduction. We talked about how this time was a time of transplantation. This is, of course, very literal in my case, but what areas of our lives do we need to let God dig up and plant somewhere new? There are dying, shriveled little seeds that just need to be exposed to a little son-shine in order for them to blossom and grow into the fullness of God's appointed purpose. I think part of Lent is about recognizing those areas and giving God permission to transplant them. Sometimes our ideas and our desires that never seem to get anywhere are good, it's just that they just aren't firmly rooted in God's love. Will you allow Him to transplant your withered parts to the rich soil of His love?

Well, I'm very tired and need some rest. Love and blessings to all those back home.

No comments: